Friday, December 28, 2007

Catalog Retailing or Multi Channel Strategy

I have been wondering about the appropriate timing of catalog retailing in India. Was glancing through one of the zillion retail newsletters yesterday, which had this report on how online shopping has increased leaps and bounds in India. And believe me, I have met many VCs who have made me open my eyes to the opportunities in the internet space.

And then I think, buying movie tickets, railway tickets, air tickets, music, books etc.etc is one thing and shopping for clothes, personal products, even gifts is quite another.

So, has the time for catalog retailing in India arrived? I saw the Hypercity-Argos site (www.hypercityargos.com) and interestingly,their catalog shopping was 3 pronged - you could shop online/phone/brick n' mortar store , have merchandise delivered home/pick it up from the store. Catalog retailing? More like multi-channel retailing. And I but agree, the time is right for multi channel retail!!























Shop from your
catalogue at home
or in store
or



Browse our complete
range online at








No comments: